Rethink the release
Hours upon hours of writing, reviews, editing, and you’ve finally finished your press release, right? …not so fast. If the release is text-only, you’re missing an opportunity for deeper and wider engagement. Recent research revealed what Eastwick already knew: that visuals matter.
PR Newswire, used by Eastwick and clients for press release distribution, has found that including multimedia with a press release increases the visibility of that news. In fact, the 2012 research indicates that the more multimedia, the more views.
- Combining text with a photo = 1.8 times more views
- Adding a video = 4.3 times more views
- Including both photo and video = 7.4 times more views
- Incorporating photos, videos and downloadable files = up to 9.7 times more views
Visual impact matters in elevating messages, supporting stories, and driving key points of an integrated communications strategy. By adding additional multimedia elements to a news release, you help tell a richer, more engaging story. For example:
Announcing a new product? To draw more views, include:
- Photos of the product
- Video demos
- Downloadable product spec sheets
Sharing financial news? Get more attention when you include:
- A graph or infographic illustrating changes over time
- Downloadable financial reports
Promoting a new executive? Include (you get the point):
- Photos of the person
- A video interview
Eastwick highly values written AND visual communications – the data speaks for itself.
Want to increase your news visibility and engagement? Eastwick’s PR and visual communications teams have the talent you need. Drop us a line and let’s get started today!